Bands please note that I am usually swamped with gig requests, please don't be offended if I do not get back to you. But here's a few tips to grab my attention...
- Give me direct access to your music ie: Bandcamp, Soundcloud etc. I have lost faith in Myspace, Although once upon a time it was great it is now pretty useless. I would generally say that I'm more likely to book a band based on how interesting they sound / perform live.
- Press packs are pretty out of date, a waste of money but generally quite a funny, I can't really put on bands with next to no internet presence anymore, go buy yourself a nice computer and embrace technology!
- Have plenty of 'ammunition' for me to use when promoting a gig, you don't have to have been played on Radio 1 or anything, that's not really relevant, but a rad video is always good and some decent photos, and maybe even free downloads or something.
- Have your own gear, British Wildlife gigs encourage kit sharing and it always helps to be able to supply something as well as borrow. This is a really good technique for getting a support gig actually as sometimes international acts rely on borrowing kit.
- Be friendly, down to earth, professional and generally realistic. Also be sure to help me promote the gig, especially if you are local, one man can only do so much and it's great to share contacts etc.